Saturday, June 22, 2013

First-time mom and blogger!



Reece Michael
April 20, 2013
As I sit here hooked up to my Medela breast pump for the umpteenth time, trying to get the pacifier to stay in my son's mouth as he religiously spits it out after two sucks then looks at me like I was the one who made it fall out, and rocking him with my foot in his beloved Rock N' Play, I decided that I was crazy enough to add one more thing into my life: blogging. I must be crazy right?. How would a first-time mom find time to write a blog post in between changing diapers, being hooked up to the boob machine like a cow, rocking, playing, and feeding my lovely little son. Oh and lets not forget to mention that I am a wife as well. So on top of taking care of my 9 week old son I must clean, prepare dinner, do laundry (okay my husband does that!), run errands, and hopefully find time to pee. Man those diapers are looking really handy at the moment, perhaps those who wear Depends have the right idea!

But, no I am not crazy, at least I do not think. I did pass my post-partum "crazy survey" with flying colors...okay not flying bright colors, but floating pastel colors. With a background and B.A. in English I have an overwhelming urge to write. Perhaps thats why my texting bill is so big? Nah, that's due to the fact that I don't get much human interaction besides with a 9 week old baby who only grunts back when I talk to him.

I'm not going to preach about rear-facing carseats, back sleeping vs. tummy sleeping, or circumcision vs not. No, I'm going to talk about all the other things that really matter! How I manage to cook dinner with a screaming infant, when I don't even really know how to cook. How in the middle of the night I am so tired that I accidentally put the dirty diaper back on my child instead of a clean one. Those are the things that matter. All the other stuff....that's what the April 2013 board on BabyCenter.com is for ;)

So if you're a first-time mom, stay at home mom, at work and stuck in the back room pumping, or thinking of becoming a mom...please follow with me on my journey and laugh, love, and cry with and at me!
My son Reece and wonderful husband Sean


No comments:

Post a Comment